Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hopes

2008 was a bad year...a very bad year. I grew up believing you make New Year's resolutions, but who sticks to them anyway, right? Instead, I made a couple of "Hopes" for 2008 and I kept them. First, I wanted to get active and I started water aerobics in May. Second, I wanted to set up a household cleaning schedule and organize my home, which I started in March/April. Having accomplished these things, I decided I would make a few "Hopes" for 2009. But first I need to start by asking the Lord's forgiveness for going astray this year. I can't do this on my own. How ignorant of me to think He turned his back on me first and I shut Him out because of it.

1. Keep God first in my life.
2. Health for Family & Friends.
3. Read the Bible from beginning to end.
3. Lose 50+ pounds.
4. Date night with Hubby once a month.
5. Get my first tattoo, a ladybug on my foot for my niece Mandelyn.
6. Go on a B&B weekend getaway with my Hubby.
7. Transfer all tape format home movies to DVD.
8. Transfer all picture negatives to CD or DVD.
9. Learn Photoshop.
10. Read 100+ books.

Here is something I found on photobucket. Although I disagree with the title, I believe everyone should live by these 24/7! Strive for it in 2009!


Photobucket

0 comments: