Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fall Into Reading 2008...It's a Wrap!

Christmas is 5 days away, Fall is but a faint memory, and with that so is the Fall Into Reading challenge. You can view my original post here.

Our host, Katrina has asked us to answer a few questions:

Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not? I did not finish all of my books (but I did read one of them TWICE). I got 7 out of 11 read. Last month my oldest was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes and hospitalized. Although I kept a book with me, we were in classes learning the procedures of drawing up insulin and administering the shots, as well as nutrition basics with diabetes. We've kind of been on overload.

Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along? I had planned on adding a couple of books, as I was breezing right through them for a few weeks. However, I did not change my list. After reading the Twilight Saga, I did look up Stephenie Meyer's website and read the first 12 chapters of Midnight Sun.

What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why? You have to ask? Hands down my favorite was Twilight, and you can read my review here. The whole world Stephenie Meyer has created is hard to let go of. It's a love story and let's face it, who doesn't enjoy a good love story? Plus, vampires. It's a match made in Heaven for me. I was so addicted I hooked my 12 year old niece on them and she has blown right through them. I even bought her Breaking Dawn for Christmas! I also hooked one of my Stampin' Up buddies and she has continually wrote me emails cursing me. LOL She can't put them down and is now returning the favor to her daughter's. Mwahahaha! I did not have a least favorite. I enjoyed every one of the books I read, including sTORI Telling.

Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them? Aren't you tired of me talking about Twilight yet? LOL That was by far my new genre with Stephenie Meyer as my new author. YES, I LOVED them! I enjoyed the Twilight Saga so much that I think I'm going to look into Evernight by Claudia Gray.

Did you learn something new because of the Fall Into Reading challenge — something about reading, or yourself, or a topic you read about? My passion for reading has been reawakened. I take a book to the doctor's office with me, to get my pedicures, or whenever I'm going to be stuck someplace. It's so much better than thumbing through those dumb old magazines, right? Case in point, we were heading to Disneyland a couple of months ago, Hubby rolled his eyes because I brought along Eclipse. As luck would have it, we blew a tire and I had a book to keep myself occupied while he changed it.

What was your favorite thing about the Fall Into Reading challenge? I loved being able to read all the reviews and checking out what everybody else was reading. I have compiled a list of books I would like to get through in 2009.

Would you like to participate in another challenge here this spring? Of course! Count me in!

6 comments:

Just Mom said...

Congratulations on what you accomplished with the challenge! Hope all is well with your child.

SmilingSally said...

I read Twilight too and I was surprised that I like it. Good job on the challenge. Here's my wrap-up post:

http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2008/12/fall-into-reading-2008-wrap-up.html

Unknown said...

Great job with the challenge! I got hooked on the Twilight series as well, and am really regretting letting my sil borrow my books lol. It's been 2 months and I want to read them again!

Nise' said...

Excellent job on the challenge! I read a few chapters of Midnight Sun online as well!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

If you haven't read The Host yet (by Stephanie Meyer), you absolutely must read it soon! Fantastic book! I still have Twilight sitting on my shelf, but I'm seeing so many positive reviews of it, I'm sure I'll read it soon. Thanks again for being part of the challenge!

Robin M said...

I think a lot of people got hooked on twilight unexpectedly. Me included. :) Congratulations on what you did accomplish. Sorry to hear about your son and hope he is feeling better.

Best wishes for 2009.