Sunday, December 21, 2008

100+ Reading Challenge 2009

I just finished my Fall reading challenge and I'm already signing up for a WHOLE year challenge! ROFLOL I start reading on January 1, 2009, and of course this challenge will overlap with my Spring and Fall Challenges next year. I have absolutely no idea if this is possible, but I am going to try. On the plus side, the challenge can include rereads. J. Kaye is hosting a 100+ book challenge in 2009. I'm shocked that I came up with 50+ books right off the bat.

I'll work off of my list, adding to it as time goes on. As I start a book, I'll move it up to a number, add a link and call it done. I'm not good at writing reviews, so don't hold your breath on it. Instead I will try to come up with a grading system. My goal for this reading challenge is to reawaken my library card. Our library doesn't carry everything I want, so I may have to fork out some money, but ultimately I want to check as many of these out at the library as I can!!!

1. Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt by Anne Rice (Library)
2. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (Library)
3. The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks (Library)
4. The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure
5. Beauty's Punishment by A.N. Roquelaure
6. Beauty's Release by A.N. Roquelaure
7. The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
8. The Vampire Chronicles Collection by Anne Rice

I love Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles. I received The Tale of the Body Thief in December of 1992. I then proceeded to read Interview, Lestat, and Queen. My hubby, when we first started dating, bought me Memnoch and I never read it. I haven't touched those books in over 10 years and would love to read them from the beginning and in order. Therefore, I plan on reading the ENTIRE Vampire Chronicles. I want to devote myself to this in the Spring (using it as my list for Callapidder Days Spring Read Thing 2009).
Interview with the Vampire
The Vampire Lestat
The Queen of the Damned
The Tale of the Body Thief
Memnoch the Devil
The Vampire Armand
Merrick
Blood and Gold
Blackwood Farm
Blood Canticles
Pandora
Vitorio the Vampire

Anne is receiving great reviews on her Christ the Lord series:
Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana **Library

Why not read Anne Rice's biography too:
Called Out of Darkness: A Spiritual Confession

My love of Twilight is the reason for reading Claudia Gray's books:
Evernight
Stargazer (release March 24, 2009)

I have never touched a Nicholas Sparks book...until now:
A Walk to Remember
A Bend in the Road

Christian books I would love to read:
Sacred Parenting by Gary L. Thomas
Devotions for Sacred Parenting by Gary L. Thomas
Sacred Marriage by Gary L. Thomas (reread with Devotions)
Devotions for a Sacred Marriage by Gary L. Thomas
Fireproof by Eric Wilson, Alex Kendrick, and Stephen Kendrick
The Love Dare by Alex Kendrick and Stephen Kendrick
How to Have a New Kid by Friday by Kevin Leman
Making Children Mind without Losing Yours by Kevin Leman
Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald
The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian

I have a fascination with biographies:
Home by Julie Andrews
Losing It by Valerie Bertinelli

I am in love with the Showtime Series Dexter...
Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Dearly Devoted Dexter
Dexter in the Dark
Dexter by Design (release September 1, 2009)

I loved the movies, but had to admit I have never read the books:
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
...and The Lord of the Rings
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
The Return of the King

Because I read all 7 Harry Potter books:
Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling

Write Away: One Novelist's Approach to Fiction and the Writing Life by Elizabeth George
Are You Ready! by Bob Harper
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Total Forgiveness by R.T. Kendall
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Mommywood by Tori Spelling (out in April)
Multiple Blessings by Jon & Kate Gosselin
The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou ~ Missed this one when 5 Minutes for Books hosted it


ADDED as I read them (will group with others later)...
Season of the Witch by by Natasha Mostert

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanted to stop in and welcome you to this challenge. If you haven't already, feel free to join us at the Yahoo Groups where others are participating in this challenge as well as others.

P.S. Awesome list!

Video Promotions said...

Nice book list.
I like Author Dr. Kevin Leman too. I met him when helping him produce his video series "Value Packed Parenting."

Since then, I've supported his efforts to make parenting easier by devoting a blog to his video series.
Watch a short clip from Making Children Mind without Losing Yours
at KevinLemanVideos.blogspot.com

I think his latest book release "How to Have a New Kid by Friday" is good too.