Thursday, January 27, 2011

Present from Heaven

I can't believe we did it. I can't believe how precious today was. The Carpenter's invaded Disneyland. We got my Dad to Disneyland! My husband must be beaming down on us from heaven. He worked his butt off the last 2 months of his life to pull this off for me. He will get a great big hug and kiss when I see him.

I bawled like a baby coming off of Haunted Mansion (Mike's favorite ride), and once the waterworks started, I could not contain them the rest of the day. I enjoyed the drive down to Disneyland with my Dad. I am blessed to have him in my life. My favorite part of the day was when we rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. My Dad LOVED it. He laughed and laughed and laughed through the entire ride. By the time we got off, I couldn't help but be giddy with joy.

I was fortunate enough to meet up with my dear friends, Jason & Sherida, for dinner at ESPN Zone. After dinner it was off to the Hotel Ménage (YES, that is the REAL name of the hotel we stayed at...hehehe), where the kids were tucked in by 10.

On the downside of the day, my dear Auntie Shelly became violently ill last night, and remained in bed for the remainder of today. I was so sad she couldn't enjoy the time with us.





0 comments: