Friday, January 14, 2011

Circus

I am sick to my stomach...Mike's Mother & Sister has turned the comment section of the article (written to honor my husband) the VV Daily Press into a freaking circus. I SERIOUSLY do not need this right now. They took the statement, "His family could not be reached for comment." as a slap in the face. I understand they are grieving, but Michael's family was his wife and children. He VERY much believed in Genesis 2:24...That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. I was contacted and given Natasha Lindstrom's phone number. This article is NOT his obituary, it was in honor of who he was to his colleagues. Natasha just wanted to verify jobs, names & ages of children. AMAZINGLY his colleagues had the names & ages of the kids correct. His age was incorrect (NO BIGGIE), as was his merchandising job, but again...NO BIGGIE!

Did I want to blast them? ABSOLUTELY! Where have they been for the last 11 years? My husband tried to reconcile with his mother over the last 2 years, only to be kicked in the face repeatedly. I'm not saying that his family isn't grieving, because I know they are. What I am saying is, it's too late. I am not going to get into a grieving contest with the Johnson's. MY CHILDREN WIN THAT CONTEST HANDS DOWN! What bothers me is that they were blasting people who were just expressing their sympathies, and thus, after the circus that ensued, all comments seized. Sad.

I posted this comment a few moments ago...

Words will never express the overwhelming love I have for those who have reached out to Cameron, Dylan, Peyton and I over the last few days. Mike was OUR WORLD. Our world imploded Monday morning with the loss of my beloved husband and the greatest father I have ever seen. He was a consummate go getter, and there was nothing he could not attain once he reached for it. Mike would have given you the shirt off of his back if you needed it. I was blessed to watch his relationship with Jesus blossom, and just Sunday afternoon he was ecstatic about the message given at church. Our Sunday was a day right out of a movie…the perfect last day of his life. The last words he spoke to each of our children, and me, were I love you and goodnight. I have not only lost my husband, but I have lost my best friend.

My heart is broken, but it shatters whenever I look at one of my children. Cameron has Mike’s thrill for scaring people and wicked sense of humor. Dylan is his Mini Me, and when he smiles at me, I see his Daddy. Peyton is Daddy’s little girl through and through. When she woke on Tuesday morning she said to me, “My heart is broken. I need Daddy to tape it better.” We were HIS WORLD as much as he was ours and 13 years was not enough time. I don’t know God’s purpose or reasoning for taking Mike so soon. All I know is that God received a mighty warrior Monday morning and I would expect nothing else from my beautiful husband. I can almost picture him in the full armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-20) ready to battle. I’m so grateful he’s on my side. Thank you.

0 comments: