Sunday, January 30, 2011

The First Day...

It is the day after. I worked the last 3 weeks to have a beautiful service honoring my equally beautiful husband. Now...THIS is the first day of the rest of my life. :'( Have I told you lately how much I HATE Sunday's?!?!?

We woke up this morning and met the Carpenter's for breakfast. Auntie Shelly and Uncle Trace fly home today, so breakfast seemed like a good idea. I originally said I wasn't going to go, but...I wasn't going to be ruled by my emotions. My family came all this way for me. Granted, they were suppose to be here for a HAPPY occasion, which is how Mike had planned it. Instead, January 10th turned it from happy to sad.

You really can't take us Carpenter's anywhere. We are a crazy bunch of people. We took a few crazy shots at breakfast, and the funny thing is, Mike would have HATED it. LOL




After breakfast, and saying our goodbye's, the kids and I went to Target, did a little shopping (which included buying P.S. I Love You for $7...I have been wanting to watch that since Mike died, weird?). My plan for the day was to clean my house. My dear husband must be appalled at how his house looks. Diane, my dear, sweet, loving friend, came to help. She had NO idea what she was getting herself in to.

My main priority was my kitchen. I know people say that the kitchen is the heart of the house, and in my house, it truly is. I am a little chef, and seeing my kitchen in such disarray was really breaking my heart more. We even dunged out the fridge, which, seriously was GROSS! I had shopped the day before Mike died, and NONE of it got used, or thrown out. There were a few time where Diane and I GAGGED.

We worked our way in to my room...hmmmmm...my room, yea, I guess it is mine now. I would love to make my room a little sanctuary, someplace peaceful, beautiful, where I can go and bawl my eyes out if need be. Needless to say, not a whole lot got accomplished there. We sat on my bed, talked, and cried most of the time. Now I get to have a sleepover with Diane!

0 comments: