Friday, January 28, 2011

Home

I picked up my husband from the mortuary today. I was fine until my feet hit the floor of my house. A sudden rush of emotion flooded out of me and I lost it. I think it was the hardest I have cried since the day he died. Something about walking in the door of my bedroom, carrying my husband in my arms, bringing him home was more overwhelming that I could have ever imagined.

I am pleased with the urns I picked out. I found them online, and not in that stupid catalog the mortuary gave me. The plus side of buying the urns online was the price break. I picked his urn, based on the beauty of his blue eyes and the steel gray that he adored. In the picture they showed keepsake urns that matched. I was in awe. I decided to buy 3 of the keepsake urns, one for each of our children, and I will give them each one when they leave my house. Finally, I picked the heart keepsake for myself to complete the Johnson 5. I can envision the heart urn and a picture of my beloved sitting on my dresser. I was able to purchase five urns for under the price of one at the mortuary.

I am praying about placing Mike's urn in a nitch at Sunset Hills. I would place his Michael Meyers mask, a few pictures of our family, and keep only the keepsake urns at home.

I bought the bible for our 10 year wedding anniversary, December 2, 2010.

0 comments: