Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mortuary & Memorial

I chose Sunset Hills to handle my husband's cremation. If somebody had told me 48 hours ago that I would be planning my husband's memorial, I would have said you were insane. Yet, this morning, after only 90 minutes of sleep, I would take a shower and do just that. My Aunt Pam came with me, and the minute they put us in the room and I sat down...I lost it. I can't believe he's gonee. I can't believe this is my life. I sobbed in my Aunt's arms and when I looked up, there stood my Pastor, Jeff, with his amazing, comforting smile.

Mike's memorial will be held Saturday, January 29th at 10 am in the auditorium of our church, High Desert Church. I'm praying the school will come through for us, as I'm asking if we can hold the reception there.

The reason behind the memorial being so far away is because my husband had planned (for the last 2 months) a surprise for me for my birthday. Mike had been working with my cousin, Sara, to surprise me on the 26th of this month. Sara was bringing her own surprise, our Aunt Shelly. Aunt Shelly was bringing her own surprise, our Uncle Trace. My husband planned his memorial, much like Mande planned hers. The decision has been made to honor Mike's birthday wish for me, and we will all go to Disneyland on the 27th.

0 comments: