Saturday, January 15, 2011

Faith, Family, Friends

For those who have been reading with me for awhile now, you know that I take the title of my blog VERY seriously. I live by faith and desire my children to do the same.

The family...well, that's harder. Obviously I have a family, and unfortunately we cannot pick our family. Mike and I often said that we made our friends our family. We meant it. One such instance is Chris & Amy. Amy showed up at my doorstep a couple nights ago because I hadn't returned her phone call. I hadn't done that on purpose, I just hadn't gotten to her message yet. (Between the house phone, my cell phone, and Mike's cell phone I have 100 voicemails. This does not include the emails, facebooks, or texts.) Amy, trailed by her 3 beautiful boys, hugged me and we cried. She insisted on making us dinner, and we set it up for Friday night (perfect as my cousin's Brian & Alicia with their 2 boys are coming in).

Fast forward to this afternoon and Alicia tells me they won't be here until 9 tonight. Amy has cooked for an army, no doubt, so I call and ask her and the family to stay. I needed that! Their friendship means the world to me. And I may have to dedicate a post just to them soon.

They were leaving when Brian and Alicia got here. The overlapping was nice, because being by myself at night is REALLY hard. Brian, Alicia & I stayed up...well, into the wee hours of the night (as you can tell by the time stamp). I am blessed by their presence here this weekend.

In the morning, I will keep Peyton's first haircut appointment. The day is just taking a different turn. We were suppose to get Peyton's hair cut, and then her 3rd birthday pictures (as we had to postpone those with the death of my Grandma). Instead, it will just be her haircut...too many firsts this first week (Dylan's first tooth & Peyton's first haircut). :(

0 comments: