Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Reading Thing 2010

It's that time again! As I sit here writing this post, I realize I have been on blogger for almost 2 years. AMAZING! Spring Reading Thing and my blogoversary come hand in hand, and when I see Katrina publish her first Spring Reading Thing post, I get giddy inside. However, this year I'm also riddled with guilt over not finishing Fall Into Reading 2009. I never even wrote my final post about it. Cameron had just begun his sneaking, his blood sugars were SUPER high, and I was worried about the possibility of him being hospitalized. I even cancelled Halloween (our favorite holiday) and Peyton's Halloween Birthday Party. :(

Fast forward now to Spring. I am torn about the weather getting warmer. I enjoy the beautiful, vibrant colors of Spring, although here in the desert, we go straight to Summer. In just a few short weeks we will be reaching the 90's and I'll be HATING life. What I look forward to most in the Spring are the longer daylight hours (THANK YOU Daylight Savings) and Katrina's, over at Callapidder Days, Spring Into Reading Thing. BLISS!

I have compiled a list of the books I would like to read before Summer hits, where I'll spend most of my days melting away, boiling my brain, unable to keep my eyes open to read.

Books I'll be finishing this Spring:
Faithfully Fit by Claire Cloninger and Laura Barr
PrayerWalk by Janet Holm McHenry
You: On a Diet by Mehmet C. Oz and Michael F. Roizen {Shamefully, I have started and stopped this book severeal times, at last, I'm almost there.}
The Best Life Guide to Managing Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes by Bob Greene
Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Books on my TBR List/Nightstand (I'll begin to work through these this Spring):
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert of Eat, Pray, Love fame
Mommywood by Tori Spelling
Crazy Love by Francis Chan
Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spriit by Francis Chan and Danae Yankoski
Prayer by Philip Yancey
Life on Planet Mom: A Down-to-Earth Guide to Your Changing Relationships by Lisa T. Bergren (while keeping up with her The Busy Mom's Devotional: Ten Minutes a Week to a Life of Devotion
The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star by Nikki Sixx (of Mötley Crüe)
I am Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne and Chris Ayres
Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin by Gary Scheiner M.S. and Barry Goldstein M.D.
The Everything Parent's Guide To Children With Juvenile Diabetes: Reassuring Advice for Managing Symptoms and Raising a Happy, Healthy Child (Everything: Parenting and Family) by Moira McCarthy and Jake Kushner
Type 1 Diabetes: A Guide for Children, Adolescents, Young Adults--and Their Caregivers by Ragnar Hanas M.D. and Stuart Brink Ph.D.
Blood Sugar 101: What They Don't Tell You About Diabetes by Jenny Ruhl

I hope to get a couple more of the Sookie Stackhouse books read as well.

Reading Goals:
I'll be happy if I get 10 books checked off my TBR List/Nightstand!
FORCE Dylan and Peyton to sit with Mama on the couch and read to each of them daily! ;)
Set up a daily reading time for the Word and Devotions.
nook? tee hee

6 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

You have a fabulous list of books to read! We both have "Forgotten God" on our list. I loved "Crazy Love." Have fun with your books.

Veggiemomof2 said...

Wide variety of book on your list should make for an interesting spring!

Brittanie said...

Does one of your children have diabetes? I noticed all the books refering to it on your list. BTW I love Jane Austen and have read most of her works. I am working on my first Alexander Dumas book right now and I have not made it past the first page. I have read lots of classics over the years so I am thinking my problem is the translation. Have you read The Three Muskateers? Happy first day of Spring! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm about 1/3 of the way through Eat, Pray, Love and KNOW I'll be wanting to read Committed, also. Great list - good luck on your reading goals!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great list! Have fun reading this Spring!

detweilermom said...

I listened to Prayer by Phillip Yancey on audio and realy liked it. Made me think.