Monday, March 1, 2010

Independent Study (Project 365/2010)

I am a PROACTIVE Mama. You tell me one of my kid's needs help, and I jump on it. When I spoke to Cameron's teacher last week, she touched on putting Cameron on independent study for a couple of weeks. Ordinarily I wouldn't do such a thing, I believe children should be in school. However, given that Spring Break was just a few weeks away, it made sense to me. I could have him home, under constant supervision, for F-I-V-E weeks. I should be able to put a dent in his A1C (he is clincially an OUT OF CONTROL diabetic based on his A1C right now) in 5 weeks. Cameron's teacher said she would discuss it with the Principal and get back to me. By Thursday I had heard not a word from her. Hubby called the school, and was no closer to finding out what the determination was. Mama don't play that game. By Thursday I had a psychologist appointment made for the following week. And was waiting to hear back from his endocrinologist for a squeeze in. After discussing it more with Hubby, and getting a little more information from jdrf about our rights and the next steps to be taken at school, we signed him out for independent study until March 19th, and then 2 weeks of Spring Break. This will put him back to school on April 5th.

When we dropped Dylan off to school this morning he was heartbroken to think Loody couldn't stay with him at school. Crocodile tears. After Cameron, Peyton, and I made it back home, Cameron asked to watch TV. HA HA HA HA HA! Nope, you aren't on vacation boy! Get to work! :)

0 comments: