Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...November 30th

Outside my window...Baby, It's Cold Outside (I seriously can't get enough of the Klaine version and even made it it my ringtone). I completely broke my ritual. I didn't just download glee's Christmas album, I've listened to it before the Christmas episode aired. Dammit all to hell that Darren Criss is addicting.

I am thinking...about setting Cameron up with a facebook account so that he can keep in touch with his friends from diabetic camp.

I am thankful for...my Dad's side of the family. The Carpenter's getting together Thanksgiving night meant more to me than I can ever express. The holiday was a tough one and being with them helped. Would have been perfect if Sara had been home.

I am wearing...flannel pj's. It's downright chilly today.

I am remembering...the dream I had last night. Grandma at her house, all us grandkids surrounding her. I can't shake this one, I miss her terribly.

I am creating...nothing. I don't have the energy or desire to handmake my Christmas cards this year. I hope everyone understands.

I am going...to finish editing my pictures this evening and clear my memory card for the first time in 4 months. OH!

I am reading...The Vampire Diaries: The Fury by L.J. Smith. It's a double book, so once I finish The Fury I can start Dark Reunion.

I am praying...that God will lead us to a permanent babysitter. Hubby & I seriously need time out together.

On my mind...Grandma. I'm so selfish. I want her here. I want to hear her voice. I want to call her and tell her how funny Peyton has been lately, how Dylan is reading, and Cameron is sneaking food again. I know she knows all this, but I want to HEAR her.

Noticing that...today has been the roughest one since Grandma passed.

Pondering these words...In honor of my 10 year wedding anniversary, my favorite scripture. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

From the kitchen...leftover Beef Stew and Pumpkin Pie.

Around the house...naptime...Peyton is down and I'm next, hence the flannel pj's.

One of my favorite things...The Beatles song I Want To Hold Your Hand ... Across the Universe style. :) I can't believe I don't own that movie.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Hubby & I celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary on Thursday.

From my picture journal...I took a detour to Target this morning for my first Starbucks Hot Chocolate of the season (seriously, it was 28 degrees this morning) and the new glee CD. Hubby was none too thrilled that I was bumping Teenage Dream (Darren Criss' voice is like butter) when I picked him up. He actually rolled his eyes at me. hehehe


0 comments: