Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Teenage Dream

I am hotter than hot right now. When I feel my love for Jesus, or my faith, is being bashed, I tend to lose my religion a little. I think I handled myself correctly, and waited until I called Hubby at work to really let myself go. Here's what happened...

It is no secret my love for all things glee and I might have mentioned that I'm addicted to ::cough:: Darren Criss' ::cough:: Blaine's The Warbler's version of Teenage Dream, from the infamous Never Been Kissed episode, that I wrote a post about here. I posted the glee official video of said performance to my Facebook wall, when a friend from high school posted an anti-gay comment, using the word "troubling" to drive his point home. O.O Needless to say, we are both Christians.

I responded with, "I see it at face value, entertainment. The boy singing has a beautiful voice and I would listen to him sing the phone book. It's an all boy school, are you saying they are all gay? I'm fortunate. I serve a Lord who preaches love." Let's just say it escalated from there. Why am I so fired up?

I have gay friends. I have friends with gay children. I don't need them seeing such "troubling" statements...let's just call crap, crap and it's flung on MY Facebook page. I don't condone it and I am the mistress of my domain. Having said that, I realize I am also a rare breed of Christian. I take to heart love others as yourself.

Did I mention this is the watered down version? Had I written about this earlier, this post would have had an R rating.

0 comments: