Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...December 7th

Outside my window...night has fallen and my Christmas lights have a short (I think).

I am thinking...about de-friending someone on facebook. He is a (extremist) brother in Christ. I refused to get into a pissing contest of who the better Christian was, he said I was, "Tolerating and enabling evil in the name of a badly confused understanding of love and grace is no virtue." I don't feel the need to prove my Christian(ness) to someone who misunderstands (and misrepresents) Christ's love and grace. I will continue to pray for him, that he will truly open his heart to Christ's love and turn away from such actions, that which make him the type of Christian that non-believers dislike us because of.

I am thankful for...God's love and grace.

I am wearing...pajamas.

I am remembering...how stinking cute Peyton doing the robot today was.

I am creating...nothing.

I am going...catch up on this blog before the end of the year.

I am reading...Fallen by Lauren Kate.

I am praying...for our health. It seems some germs may be spreading around the Johnson household.

On my mind...Grandma's been gone one month.

Noticing that...routine helps me not dwell on my hurt.

Pondering these words..."Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage." Psalm 84:5 I began a pilgrimage this year, with bumps and curves sending me to a dead halt. Now I have to get up, dust myself off, begin again, and make 2011 what I wanted 2010 to be.

From the kitchen...the kitchen is CLOSED!

Around the house...children are snug in their beds and I'm watching, "Unanswered Prayers" from my DVR. I think of all the Garth Brooks songs, that is my favorite.

One of my favorite things...Baby, It's Cold Outside sung by glee's Chris Colfer and Darren Criss. LOVE LOVE LOVE their voices together.

A few plans for the rest of the week: buy Christmas cards (UGH!) and send them out, catch up on blogging and picture editing.

From my picture journal...Peyton's memory verse book she made during her "Bible Story" (TLBS) time. SUPER cute.



0 comments: