Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Very Glee Christmas

Darren Criss and Chris Colfer's duet of Baby, It's Cold Outside was outstanding. I rewound, and rewound, and rewound that scene. I sure hope we see a lot more of these two. How adorable they would be as a couple.

I love a good Christmas CD and I've got to tell you, the music from this episode is one I'll be playing every year. My kid's beg for it in the car and I adore hearing them sing We Need a Little Christmas and Deck the Rooftop. The later was not used in the episode. Wham's Last Christmas is one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs, and I was thoroughly disappointed that I had to purchase it as a single, rather than it being included on the CD. Merry Christmas Darling was a throwback and wonderfully done. Kudos Ms. Michele. My hope is that Finn and Rachel will be reunited.

As far as the episode goes, it was exactly what I expected. Sue is a Grinch and attempts to ruin the New Directions Christmas. Christmas comes anyway, including Coach Sylvester and the glee club spending Christmas Eve with Mr. Shue. Cute episode, don't get me wrong, just sort of...been there, done that. Ya know?

0 comments: