Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...December 21st

Outside my window...RAIN! We are on day number 4 of a heavy rain storm pounding Southern California and I LOVE it! :)

I am thinking...about the flooding of the Mojave River and my friends who are in danger from it.

I am thankful for...Cameron's eyesight. Weird? I just don't want Cameron to have any long term issues because of his diabetes. It is my number 1 worry.

I am wearing...flannel pajamas. Did you not just hear me say we're on day 4 of a rain storm? hehehe It gives me an excuse to wear my flannel pj's all day long.

I am remembering...Christmas's past.

I am creating...nothing.

I am going...nowhere. California drivers go insane when we get rain, and I prefer to stay safe.

I am (still) reading...Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything by Geneen Roth. It is slow going with this book.

I am praying...for family and friends, that the rain does not flood them out and they do not have to evacuate.

On my mind...Grandma's ring. I have not dwelled on it since she passed, but now it is eating away at me. I bought a Grandmother's ring for her 65th birthday, complete with the birthstones of her 7 (number 8 was a big old surprise 5 years later) grandchildren. My beautiful Grandma wore that ring with such pride and received the most adoring compliments. It was all I wanted back when she died. Unfortunately it can't be found. Of course I think Denice hawked it, or one of her loser friends stole it, but my heart aches...badly because this ring is missing.

Noticing that...there are only 4 more days until Christmas.

Pondering these words...Wisdom is too high for fools; in the assembly at the gate they must not open their mouths. Proverbs 24:7

From the kitchen...I am making comfort food all week long to celebrate the rain.

Around the house...naptime, glorious naptime.

One of my favorite things...the way Peyton, when trying to show me something, says, "Right there. BEHIND YOU!"

A few plans for the rest of the week: Christmas with my Dad & Family Thursday night, Christmas Eve with Angelique & Kiddos, and Christmas. I suppose we should go see Santa too. I will admit, we were headed to Disneyland this week for Christmas festivities, but the rain cancelled our plans and I'm pretty bummed about that, since we block out starting Thursday.

From my picture journal...one of my favorite ornaments on my Christmas tree, The Polar Express bell.

0 comments: