Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Never Been Kissed

I get a lot of grief for my love of the show glee, but I seriously could give a crap. Last night's episode was, hands down, the most amazing episode to date. The bullying storyline has been heavy on my heart because I was bullied for my weight. I can't imagine what kid's today go through, especially with the social media aspect. (I suppose I'll know soon enough, Cameron will be a teen before I know it.) Kurt, played by the BRILLIANT Chris Colfer (YES, I'M BIAS!), has endured months of bullying from Karofsky, the typical football jock. Kurt meets Blaine, an out and proud gay who is also part of the Dalton Warblers, a rival glee club to the New Directions glee club. The climax happens when Kurt gets the courage enough to confront Karofsky, who then, shocked the shit out of me, by grabbing Kurt and kisses him. I so did NOT see that coming! Chris Colfer was at the top of his game in this episode, and that's saying a lot since I wrote a thesis on him in the episode Grilled Chessus.

I had tears in my eyes on more than one occasion, and full on bawled my eyes out when, after the kiss, Kurt pushed Karofsky off of him with the look of absolute horror all over his face. I have a little empathy for Karofsky now. He must be all kinds of turned around. Karofsky's bullying could be a result of his own self hatred. And then there is Blaine. ::insert sigh here:: I believe he is going to be an amazing mentor for Kurt. I'll let you in on a little secret...I'm hoping for more. ;) I want to see my favorite glee character happy with his own sweet Prince. I won't admit how many times I rewound the scene where Blaine and Kurt confront Karofsky and Karofsky pushes Blaine back, slamming him into the fence. Blaine kept his hands up and completely surrendered to whatever Karofsky was going to do. I gotta tell you, after the confrontation Blaine looks to the sky and deadpans, "Well, HE'S not coming out anytime soon." and I was smitten. Oh yes, SMIT-TEN! Darren Criss is easy on the eyes and his voice is dreamy. The Warblers cover of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream is the bee's knees. I think I have a new teenage dream. Thank you to the innovator who brought us DVR's! Mine got a workout last night.

Before I end this I want to address the amazing Dot-Marie Jones as Coach Beiste. What a wonderful addition she has been to the cast. Beiste can go toe to toe with Coach Sylvester, but there is more to her underneath it all and we saw that last night. She's just a girl wanting what every other girl wants, a boy to look at her and think she's the most beautiful creature he's ever seen. Ryan Murphy hook this woman up!

0 comments: