Monday, November 15, 2010

Memorial (Project 365/2010)

Grandma's memorial service was beautiful! I'm not just saying it, I MEAN it. I am so very pleased with it. It was exactly perfect to honor her. Pastor Jeff (Barbour) did a beautiful job and watching him reminded me of his Dad (Pastor Dan, who baptized me). I was so proud of Kandy and B.J. for getting up there and speaking. Jessika and Cameron did a fantastic job as well. Mike, on the other hand, I wanted to slap upside the back of the head. My usually stoic Hubby, who keeps it all together while I fall apart...fell apart. I thought, that's it...I'll never get through the eulogy now. I did get through it. I missed things I wanted to say, but I did it. I eulogized the most important woman in my life. I wonder if Rob or Denice will ever regret not speaking. I wonder if they will regret not having a hand in Grandma's service. If I'm honest, and I am, for completely selfish reasons I'm glad I was the one in charge. Nobody could have done for her what I did. My favorite part of the service was watching their reactions to the DVD slideshow. My Sister in Christ, Marlena, and her husband, Ken, made the most beautiful slideshow of my Grandmother. Never in a million years can I pay them back for that. I recorded the service. Unfortunately it cut off during my eulogy. I'm COMPLETELY fine with that. I'm not sure I would ever have wanted to see me up there, but I do want to share the poem I read at the end.

I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new.
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too.
I think of you in silence I often speak your name
All I have are memories and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake with which I’ll never part
God has you in His keeping I have you in my heart.





0 comments: