Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...November 16th

Outside my window...clear, black night w/ stars and a waxing gibbous moon.

I am thinking...about Christmas. Hubby & I were putting together our tentative gift list, with only 39 more days left before Christmas.

I am thankful for...my Hubby. I know I've said it before, but my Hubby ROCKS! He worked his butt off around the house last week to make sure the house was perfect for Peyton's party while I planned Grandma's memorial. He got up this morning, got the boys ready and took them to school, then out with Peyton so I could sleep in.

I am wearing...pajamas.

I am remembering...Grandma's memorial service going off without a hitch. It was a beautiful service.

I am creating...Thanksgiving cards.

I am going...to attempt to fix my Photoshop. It hasn't come back up since my computer went down, TWICE, while making the program for Grandma's memorial.

I am reading...nothing...but need to pick up a book from the Library.

I am praying...for my family, who are (mostly) on the fence of whether or not to believe in Christ.

On my mind...friendship. I have made a pretty amazing friendship over the last few weeks with Marlena, and her husband Ken. I am super grateful for them, as they were the ones who made the DVD slideshow for Grandma's service.

Noticing that...Mount Washmore is piling up.

Pondering these words...Grandma's favorite scripture passage, Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

From the kitchen...ice cream.

Around the house...kids are snug in their beds.

One of my favorite things...glee and it ROCKED tonight with Gwyneth Paltrow! Hubby came home and I excitedly played the BEST glee Mash-Up Singin' in the Rain/Umbrella. Plus, Kurt has the best one-liners ever, "Ohhhh my god" when the student's at McKinley want their TOTS back. Let's not forget my fake boyfriend Blaine.

A few plans for the rest of the week: mourn my Grandmother, which I haven't been able to do in the last 9 days.

From my picture journal...my lunch, Havarti cheese & tomato grilled cheese with my BFF's FABULOUS (albeit leftover) potato salad.

0 comments: