Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am thankful for...

...a loving heavenly Father
...an amazing husband who loves his family more than himself
...the friendships and bonds my children share with each other
...God's grace & peace
...a Grandmother who raised me to be the woman I am today
...the memories our family is making
...my Canon SD950IS
...the Carpenter's
...God's promise
...friends who complete our family
...the ability to see, hear, feel, taste & smell
...the internet and the many friends I have made
...the cold
...my iPhone
...encouragement, love & kindness that flows from so many of your hearts
...God who opened my womb & knit 3 amazing children within it




I was expecting company for Thanksgiving dinner today. Grandma had a better offer. Instead I honored her in the best way I could. Hubby and I pulled down her China from the cupboard, I washed them (just as I have done since I was a little girl) and set our Thanksgiving table for dinner. When I called the children to the table Dylan ran up to me and said, "Mama who did that?" I asked what and he explained the table. I told him that I set it and he exclaimed, "It's BEAUTIFUL!" I was so very happy and proud. I told the kids that they needed to be careful, but enjoy Grandma's china. I told them stories about Thanksgiving's past. And then...we played with the olives.



I tried my hand at baking today. I can cook you a feast, but dessert is another story. I found a recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake by Paula Deen and said to myself, "Self, this looks pretty darn idiot proof!" I was super nervous because I made it to take to my Aunt's for dessert. (Sorry I didn't get an after it was chilled pic.) Everyone raved about my first cheesecake. Woot! Now I have to attempt to bake cookies for my TLBS ladies. Eeeeek!


Finally, we spent the evening at my Aunt and Uncle's home. I needed it, so badly. The Carpenter's are so very important to me, and this year was rough not having Grandma with me. I was surrounded by loved ones, ate delicious desserts, and fell in love with my dad all over again as he played with his grandchildren.


0 comments: