Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...November 23rd

Outside my window...a beautiful, clear sky.

I am thinking...about Thanksgiving and all that I am thankful for.

I am thankful for...the last words I ever spoke to my Grandmother. I don't know if I knew, and it wasn't something we said, because Grandma wasn't like that. As I left the house that Wednesday morning, when she was up and coherent, I said, "I love you." I am so very thankful those were my last words to the most important woman in my life.

I am wearing...jeans and a T-shirt.

I am remembering...how surprised I was when PatPam stopped by the house on Friday (to babysit Peyton) and Hubby took me to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I.

I am creating...nothing. I have zero desire to be crafty right now.

I am going...to research digital cameras. My beloved Canon SD950IS is going out. I can't be without the extension of my right hand. hehehe

I am reading...The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. Smith. I am on The Awakening, but it's a double book, and per my MO, I can dive right into The Struggle once I'm done. tee hee

I am praying...nothing serious is found during Hubby's colonoscopy tomorrow.

On my mind...Hubby's colonoscopy.

Noticing that...Hubby's bereavement time has gone by super fast. Maybe it's just because I've spent most of it in bed.

Pondering these words..."The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them." Psalm 145:18-19

From the kitchen...going to attempt to make pumpkin cheesecake for the first time.

Around the house...Fall decorations are being packed away to allow room for Christmas decorations.

One of my favorite things...Peyton asking me to hold her hand. I always sing my own version of The Beatles, I Want to Hold Your Hand.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Hubby's colonoscopy, going to take the kids to see Tangled, Thanksgiving, and Hubby's birthday.

From my picture journal...delicious Clam Chowder in a bread bowl from Royal Street Veranda at Disneyland.

0 comments: