Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Potty Training

It's happening! Dylan is peeing in the big potty! I have been doing the happy dance for an entire day now! Now, I realize the child is 4 years old, so please, no hate mail about why is he just now potty training. He wouldn't do it before now! Cameron was pushing 4 when he FINALLY did it. I think we're on target. Peyton will probably train at 2 years old. Every child is different. And I'm not going to force him, frustrating him more, and watch him having accident after accident after accident. I'm not THAT kind of Mama!

The first day was a doozy, but seriously, didn't we expect that? He peed in his underwear once and later on he pooped too. UGH! Day 2 was a complete 180! He even went to the potty all by himself. In the afternoon we couldn't find him, and then a little voice hollered out from the bathroom, "I went poop!" Poor guy, sitting on the potty, waiting for someone to wipe his butt. Later in the evening he did it again, got on the potty and did some more business and hollered for help wiping his butt. He even puts the toilet seat down and washes his hands! Go Dylan! Go Dylan! Woot Woot! Of course the diaper goes on for naptime and bedtime. Forget pull-ups, it would cost me what it does now for diapers for a 30 day supply. YUCK! Instead, a box of diapers will now last me 2 months, rather than 2 weeks. WOO-HOO! We'll work on no diaper for naptime during Summer. All in all the last few days have been WONDERFUL!

0 comments: