Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Idol

Here I am again...a year ago I named David Cook the next American Idol. This year, however, I have a toss up. In the beginning, I thought Danny Gokey ALL THE WAY! His voice is amazing and I LOVED his version of Michael Jackson's P.Y.T. Hubby says Gokey will take it because of the sympathy vote, losing his wife was terrible enough, but then his Grandfather dying a few weeks ago.

I cheered last week when the judges decided to keep Matt Giraud. He sure has grown on me over the last month or better. I even downloaded his version of one of my favorite songs, "Let's Get It On." He's got something, that Matt Giraud.

Of course neither of them will win it. The next American Idol ...

Photobucket

This one is the REAL deal! Anyone that can get Simon Cowell on his feet for a standing ovation...you better pay attention to him. His voice is flawless. I am a rock girl by heart and he hits notes that make my whole body shudder. Ooooh...and with those slow, smooth sounds, like "The Tracks of My Tears" ... astounding! "Mad World" was BRILLIANT! I, too, was faklempt as Adam sang, "If I Can't Have You" last night. It also helps that that boy is FINE!

0 comments: