Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Praises

I always knew I wanted kids, from the time I was very young. Growing up in a family where kids are all around will do that. I'm the oldest of 8 grandchildren, and having been raised by my Grandma, every weekend she had her grandkids stay with her.

I knew I would be the mother I never had. I knew I would listen to my children. I would make sure I said I love you to them daily. That is why last night was so hilarious. I'm in the bathroom curling my hair when Dylan comes in dressed, "Where are we going Mama?" I tell him Daddy is taking us out to dinner to Olive Garden. He says, "Yum!" I then proceeded to tell him that afterwards we would go to Toys R Us for the Triceratops he's been asking for. His eye light up, he has the most expressive eyes, and his smile beams off of his face like a ray of sunshine, "We are?!?" I nodded and told him to tell Loody to come to me.

Loody, a.k.a. Cameron, comes in the bathroom and says, "Where are we going?" I tell him to change his shirt, fix his hair, and get his shoes on. He huffs, his DS in his hand. I tell him about Olive Garden, he perks up. Dylan comes in to comb his hair, which I then promptly fix, and tell Cameron, "After we eat we're going to Toys R Us to get you a new DS case and Star Wars skin. He leaps at me, arms wide open, "I LOVE YOU MOMMY!" Dylan tries to squeeze in, "Me too, me too! I LOVE YOU TOO!"

Later in the kitchen I fix Peyton's hair, or lack thereof, and sit down on the chair. Cameron comes up to hug me again, "You're the best Mom in the world!" Dylan, not to be undone, "The bestest Mom!"

It's good to be the Mama!

0 comments: