Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Remembering Maddie

I don't know anyone in the blog world who hasn't been touched this last week by the sudden death of Madeline Alice Spohr. I logged on to blogger and my updates included a brief synopsis by 5 Minute for Mom of heartbreak and a picture of the most beautiful little girl with the biggest grin and curly hair. I clicked the post and immediately cried my eyes out. I tried, to no avail, to click on Maddie's mother, Heather, blog The Spohrs Are Multiplying, and eventually clicked on her Twitter (something I've seen all over the blogosphere and never once looked at). I read her most recent tweets and bawled my eyes out. I clicked on her March of Dimes page, I tried to find everything out about this beautiful little angel who had been called home too soon.

The next day Heather's blog had been moved to a server that could handle the mass amount of visitors and outpouring. I began to poke around at pictures and videos and felt complete and utter grief for this precious girl who was just 10 days younger than Peyton. In a few short hours Heather and Mike, whose blog is found at The Newborn Identity, will be attending their daughter's funeral, something NO parent should ever have to do.

I ask that you keep the Spohr family in prayer. Heather intends to speak at Maddie's funeral and she'll need tremendous strength and endless comfort. I also ask that you help support Maddie's family in one, or all, of the following ways. Click HERE to make a donation via paypal and assist Maddie's family. Check out Maddie's March of Dimes page and show your support, there are only 10 more days until Team Maddie walks. Finally, a mailbox has been set up for Maddie's parents. It's a UPS store, so they can also receive packages.

Mike & Heather Spohr
11870 Santa Monica Blvd. #106-514
West Los Angeles, CA 90025

Now for the Tribute Mike and Heather made for their Madeline!






0 comments: