Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...September 14th

Outside my window...black skies and a beautiful breeze.

I am thinking...about how frustrating my first Master's class is ... everything I read, I just can't retain it.

I am thankful for...my A-MA-ZING friends, who totally pitched in and helped me prep and cook everything Friday night, after my FriDAY was all screwed up.

I am wearing...pajamas.

I am remembering...the great time we all had Friday night at Cameron's birthday party.

I am creating...a welcome baby card and giftbag for a special bundle to be born any time now.

I am going...to watch the season premiere of One Tree Hill in a few minutes.

I am (still) reading...Research in Education: Evidence-Based Inquiry by James H. McMillian and Sally Schumacher. And I am (still) not retaining it. Be glad when Fall Into Reading 2010 begins next week.

I am hoping praying...for a speedy, and uncomplicated recovery of Cameron's ankle and foot.

On my mind...the incompetent Disneyland ticket relations people I talked to on the phone week before last. Our passes, sadly, have expired, due to the WRONG information I was given, TWICE. Last year we had a similar situation. Boo.

Noticing that...Glee's season premiere is but a week away. SOOOOO EXCITED!

Pondering these words...Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother"—which is the first commandment with a promise— "that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:1-4

From the kitchen...Dreyer's Double Fudge Brownie ice cream.

Around the house...kids are watching Scooby Doo and I'm laying in bed blogging, waiting for One Tree Hill.

One of my favorite things...Ozone Class at Church, despite my grumblings of going Saturday night AND Sunday mornings.

A few plans for the rest of the week: relaxing, much different from last week, plus Love & Logic and Farmer's Market on Thursday.

From my picture journal...me, my brother Scott, my brother Josh, and our Dad at Cameron's birthday. The last time we did this was Cameron's 6th birthday. :)

0 comments: