Tuesday, January 12, 2010

American Girl (Project 365/2010)

We interrupt this program (Project 365/2010) for a brief endorsement. ;) When Peyton was a newborn, and I do mean NEW, I saw a program featuring American Girl. Awwww...my heart burst. I couldn't wait for Peyton to be old enough to play with dolls. American Girl dolls, however, were going to be years down the road (their target age is 6-10).

Fast forward TWO years, when in my mailbox arrives an American Girl catalog. Ticked, I opened it and thumbed through it. I saw a beautiful doll, Rebecca, that I showed Hubby and said I would like to collect to give Peyton when she was old enough. He agreed. YEA! Now, imagine my surprise as I finished thumbing through the catalog, and at the back, were American Girl Bitty Baby dolls, ages 3+. WHAT'S THIS? I ran to the computer, pulled the website up, and read reviews. "I bought my granddaughter this for her 2nd birthday" or "My twin girls, ages 2, love their bitty baby twins." I was ECSTATIC. I grabbed Hubby, showed him the baby, accessories, and clothes that match my dollie. We decided we would get Peyton the starter collection plus stroller from Santa Claus. As a bonus, I went ahead and threw in the matching jammies. Enough back story?

Alright, alright...here is Peyton and her Bitty Baby (still minus a name, really need to name this doll) in their matching jammies! Have I told you lately how much I ADORE having a daughter?



0 comments: