Monday, January 12, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...January 12th

Outside my window...it's a still night, the moon is lighting the way and the stars are glistening against the black sky.

I am thinking...about the Public Defenders blatant disregard for the families and friends as he waved around the crime scene photos of my cousin and his girlfriend.

I am thankful for...the friend who didn't attend the party, who found out a day later and tried to convince his friend to turn himself in, and who worked with the police to bring these murdering scumbags to justice. There is still good in the world.

From the kitchen...Linguine w/ Shrimp Scampi.

I am wearing...jeans and a brown blouse.

I am creating...nothing.

I am going...to try to sleep tonight without the images in my head.

I am reading...the Bible.

I am hoping...Cameron's second day back to school tomorrow is just as good as his first.

I am hearing...music.

Around the house...Cameron is doing homework, Dylan is reading a book, and Peyton is dancing.

One of my favorite things...the outpouring of love that showed up in the courtroom today. OH! And the no holds barred judge who wasn't putting up with the theatrics in his courtroom today!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Cameron's homework, cleaning, library, park, filing my important papers, order Dylan's birthday supplies, and decide on a menu for the party.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...Cameron going back to school after 58 days home from his diagnosis with Type I Diabetes. OH! And in uniform because during Christmas break his number was finally called at a Charter school that goes through 8th grade! Woo-Hoo!


1 comments:

MOMMY said...

Hi! I found your blog through the Simple Woman's Daybook (I think) anyway, so sorry about your cousin!

I grew up in a household coping with Diabetes and worry every day that one of my children will be diagnosed. My mother was diagnosed at 9 years old. It is a lifestyle adjustment and it seems as though you are handling it very well!

I will be checking back often for your meal plans-they look yummy!

Aimee
journalofamomma.blogspot.com