Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Theatricality

Tonight's episode was hard hitting story wrapped up in a way only glee can get away with. First off, not a huge fan of Lady Gaga, but I will say, glee looks good on her. Kurt's line, along with his face, "And we have a jumper." had me in stitches. The costumes were perfect and their performance of Bad Romance knocked it out of the park. I admit I saw a champagne bubble fall off of Tina's costume and wondered how many times someone almost toppled over because of a runaway bubble. The arrangement of Pokerface is, by far, my favorite arrangement on glee to date.

Kurt needs to realize he can't make Finn gay and/or love him. I sure hope the truth comes out to Burt about Kurt's crush on his soon-to-be stepbrother. Of course, Finn could have handled the situation differently. I'm afraid the bullying is only going to get worse. As a gleek, I am uber protective of Kurt, so this breaks my heart, but sadly is true to life. Finn showing up in a red shower curtain dress, and Kurt's reaction, yet again, is priceless. Freaks unite!

Now, let's talk about Kiss. When I was a little girl I loved riding in my uncle Buzzy's car because he would play his 8-track (Oh yes, I went there) Kiss tapes. When I was about 11, he refused to play them anymore. I didn't ride in a car with him again until I was 20 something. Watching the boys perform Shout It Out and Beth in tonight's episode brought a lot of nostalgia out in me. Let's just say, Kiss is definitely my cup of tea.

0 comments: