Saturday, May 8, 2010

Family Fun Night (Project 365/2010)

One thing I implemented during my facebook Lent break was Family Fun Night. Family Fun Night consists of a quick and easy dinner (usually Soup & Sammies or Pizza) and then we either play the Wii or Board (Dylan calls them Boring) Games, or we pop popcorn, cuddle up on the couch and watch a family friendly movie. Tonight was extra special as we invited Grandma (and by default my egg donor, Denice) over for a little pizza (it's a take off of Emeril's Eat a Pita Pizza) and then the gaming began. Grandma, Hubby and I played some Yahtzee, while the kiddos played the Wii with Denice. I enjoyed my time with Grandma, but seriously, my kids were sick of playing with Denice because she was a braggart and shoving her success in my children's face (she's 51 and they're 10 and 5)! We teach our children that it's not who wins or loses but for the fun of the game. Of course, I'm teaching my kiddos everything she never did.


0 comments: