Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dream On

I told myself I wasn't going to blog, yet again, about glee this week. However, this episode had me saying WTH?!?! more than once. Shelby is Rachel's mom? I knew there was more to the Jesse loves Rachel story. I will say I enjoyed their duet of I Dreamed a Dream.

Neil Patrick Harris as Bryan Ryan was exactly what I expected. I hated his character, but HOLY SHIT could he sing the hell out of Dream On. He's got a KILLER voice. Like, who knew Doogie Howser, M.D. could sing?!?! I had NO clue.

For me, tonight's star was Artie's portrayer, Kevin McHale. When Artie stood up out of his wheelchair and proceeded to dance his ass off to (a personal 80's favorite) The Safety Dance, I realized what an unsung hero Kevin really is. On the outside, he looks like a geeky white boy, but that boy has moves and an amazing voice. I look forward to more of Artie's "dream sequences" where he shakes his groove thang out of the wheelchair.

0 comments: