Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...February 23rd

Outside my window...the sun is beginning to rise high in the sky.

I am thinking...I need to surrender completely.

I am thankful for...Carrie (Hatch) Castro. Despite the flack I am getting for giving up facebook for Lent, she told me Saturday how proud she was of me. Yes, she's a REAL life friend, on my facebook, AND she works at our church. It made me feel good about keeping it up, especially on a day I was questioning it. THANKS CARRIE!

I am wearing...new pair of $40 jeans I picked up for $9.99 (and a size smaller) and a t-shirt with green butterflies.

I am remembering...the beautiful, surprise, rain we experienced yesterday morning. I was in a GREAT mood all day yesterday because of it.

I am creating...a new family schedule.

I am going...to eat breakfast, feed Peyton, and then hit the store.

I am reading...The Best Life Guide to Managing Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes by Bob Greene.

I am hoping PRAYING...Hubby, as well as Dylan's preschool teachers and a few others, don't get pink slipped (as the school district approved the laying off of 117 full-time teachers).

On my mind...Apple Mac (considering ditching the whole PC thing).

Noticing that...Daybook is now a Tuesday, instead of Monday, meme. :)

Pondering these words...The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Galatians 5:22

From the kitchen...Linguine with Shrimp Scampi, salad, and garlic rolls.

Around the house...fresh clean sheets on all beds.

One of my favorite things...Dylan's laugh. He has THE best laugh, and so infectious.

A few plans for the rest of the week: decluttering and organizing pictures on computer, blogging, reading, and playing with kiddos.

From my picture journal...Peyton and I during an impromptu photo shoot before bed last night.

0 comments: