Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Works for me Wednesday: Toy Edition

EDIT: I missed Mr. Linky for this last week. I really wanted to share this, so I'm posting it today, November 12th as my Works for me Wednesday.

Shannon, over at Rocks In My Dryer, would love to talk about something other than politics and I couldn't be happier. Today's Works for me Wednesday is a theme edition, toys worth buying. Christmas time is a catch 22 for me, as I LOVE to buy presents, wrap them, and see my loved ones open them. However, all the toys, the toy parts, putting together, and inevitable breaking of the toys just destroys it. I have found several can't miss toys that my boys have grown with throughout the years.

LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnet Alphabet Set
LeapFrog Fridge Farm Magnetic Animal Set
Mr. Potato Head
Magna Doodle ~ it beats giving a Preschooler a pencil and paper
Hot Wheels

As for baby toys, we have to remember Peyton too. We saved many of Dylan's baby toys, just in case. She loves Fisher Price's Roll-a-Rounds and Peek-a-Blocks. Then there is always LeapFrog's Little Touch Leap Pad. Don't forget to check out LeapFrog's Learn and Groove Alphabet Drum and Learn and Groove Counting Maracas.

I also believe books are a great investment. Dylan is very fond of Eric Carle, the author of The Very Hungry Caterpillar and The Very Busy Spider. When Cameron was younger, one of his favorite books was How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long and David Shannon. I also recommend The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka.

I hope these work for you as well as they have for me over the last several years.

1 comments:

Elizabeth Sue said...

I am buying my two year old sweetheart the leapfrog alpha phonics for christmas. Thanks for the recomendation.