Saturday, November 15, 2008

Boo-Boo's

My poor little Peyton has had a rough first year. She has fallen out of our bed and dislocated her arm (twice in 24 hours). Have you met her Mama? Her latest boo-boo came a couple of a days ago, learning to walk is dangerous business. Her little feet were not in the correct position, and watching in slow motion and horror, I watched her topple to the side and hit her head on the corner of our TV stand. I scooped her up, held her tight, holding a compress to her head, and she passed out from the crying. As much as I loved the feel of her sleeping in my arms, something these little people don't do as much when they reach a certain age, my heart ached as the big, black and purple, knot formed over the gash in her head. I'm considering purchasing a helmet for her.

0 comments: