Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jaws (Project 365/2010)

When the box got here, I kept thinking to myself, seriously, not as big as the box, right? When we opened the box, all I could think of was Roy Scheider in Jaws, "We're gonna need a bigger boat!" I think we're going to need a bigger house to accommodate this ginormous television. We may have to take over the playroom, which I HATE, and we definitely need a big entertainment center to house the monstrosity. The only thing that made my anxiety fade away? The smile that shined on Hubby's face while we watched it. We tried it out with X-Men Origins: Wolverine and then the Wii. I got to admit, this TV ROCKS!



As a side note: This blog was going to be titled Well It Must Be Nice! My mother egg donor took Cameron to school for me this morning, as Dylan woke up sick...AGAIN. Upon noticing the Wii, Peyton's playhouse, Dylan's desk, yada, yada...she got pissed off upset (and did the whole fake cry bit that doesn't affect me anymore) and said, "Well it must be nice!" in the way ONLY Denice can. Thankfully, Pastor Jeff had posted his morning verse, and I had read it not a half hour before. Proverbs 15:1 (NIV) A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Whew! I so could have gotten all nasty with her and told her exactly why she doesn't have what I have. Instead, I was calm, collected, and replied, "My husband works his butt off to provide for our family. If he wants a big screen TV, he's going to get a big screen TV!" Thank you Pastor Jeff!

By the way, the ONLY reason she agreed to take Cameron to school, or help me in any way, is because the car she drives is my Grandma's, and if Grandma ever found out Denice refused me, well, let's just say, fan and ... fecal matter.

0 comments: