Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fundraising

Almost immediately the hospital staff talked to us about diabetic camp. I, of course, am a Mama and was like, "I'm not sending my newly diagnosed 9 year old diabetic son to camp, BY HIMSELF!" I was more interested in learning how to keep him alive, keep him out of the hospital, than going to camp. HONESTLY!

I have since changed my tune. Camp is for Type I Diabetics only. The adults, and volunteers, who run the camp are all Type I Diabetic children who have grown up. And each week brings in a refreshed hospital staff that specializes in ... you guessed it, Type I Diabetes, complete with endocrinologist! Woo-Hoo! Camp will include tons of fun and games AND diabetes education. What more could this Mama ask for?

Help with funds to send Cameron to camp. Cost is $410 and Lord knows we can't afford the entire cost, over and above his monthly supplies. So today we're working on a letter to send out for sponsorship for camp. Any amount is going to help keep costs down for us. The best part, tax deductible!

In the last 6 weeks Cameron has began rebelling against his diabetes. His blood sugar is proof of it and his A1C test, which he takes next Wednesday at his 2nd quarterly appointment, will show the doctor exactly what he's NOT been doing. It's all part of the grief stages, sure, but he can not continue or the complications are endless.

I pray he gets sponsored and will keep you all informed if he does!

0 comments: