Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Four

Words cannot express the feelings I have with you in my life.

God knew what he was doing, and even though I was pushing his timeline, He knew when you were needed most.

You fit in perfectly, from hour one. You slept with me that first night. A nurse came in, one that was passing our room, and said she couldn't believe her eyes and ears as I cuddled you whispering, "I love me some baby Dylan."

I couldn't believe you slept through the night at 10 days old! A sack rat, like your Mama!

When we brought you home we had to lock Mandelyn outside because she couldn't contain her excitement at, "BABY!" It was Mande that gave you the nickname Baby Handsome. Although you are no longer our baby, we still call you Handsome.

Cameron couldn't have been a prouder big brother. Everywhere we went he talked about his baby brother and what new little thing you could do. He was just as excited as we were when you laughed for the first time, and he would imitate what made it happen just to hear you do it again.

I have never met someone who is a complete copy, not only outside, but in, of somebody else. You were appropriately named and like your dad in every way.

You also have the most incredible vocabulary and the funniest sayings. What exactly is a humongous fungus? How does Loody come out of Brother? I don't know, but I LOVE IT!

I thought when Peyton was born you would get so jealous, but watching the two of you play is a gift I receive every day. Although you are too young to fully remember Mandelyn, you must channel her because you nicknamed your sister Pretty Girl, Pretty for short.

In 6 short months I'll be driving you to Preschool and my days will feel a little empty without you. Oh, but when you return home, the stories you will share and reenact will make up for it.

Happy Birthday my big 4 year old!

I love me some Dylan!

2 comments:

Becca said...

aw. what a fab tribute :)

Andrea said...

Wow! What a wonderful post, and how lucky is your son to have such a wonderful mother?? I love that he calls his sister Pretty Girl! :D