Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Works for me Wednesday

I've been absent the last couple of Works for me Wednesday's. I was highly disappointed that I was unable to participate in the backwards edition and ask advice. O'well. I am a shutterbug. My camera is an extension of my right arm. I fill up my 4 GB memory card the whole month, downloading to the computer (filed in year and month folders) at various times, where I painstakingly sift through EVERY picture, weeding out the blurry, eyes closed, etc pictures and correcting red eye where needed. On the first of every month I upload pictures from the previous month to Wal-Mart Photo Center online (which is my FREE housing for all my digital pictures). I order a photo CD for a whole $2.xx and the best part is it comes with an index print. I clear my memory card (waiting to do so until I upload just in case the computer malfunctions), file my picture CD (labeled with month and year) in my organizer and call it done. This works for me, but I am open to any and all suggestions on digital picture organizing.

4 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

I organize my pictures quite frequently on our computer, but I really do think I should have a system that has them on CD's. This is a great idea. Thanks!

Sherida said...

Sounds like your way works pretty well. I like to use Picasa and upload them to the web. picasaweb.google.com/sheriduh

Veggiemomof2 said...

OH this is a great idea! Mom keeps telling me I should put it all on USB drives, but that could get costly. I'll have to tell her about this..thanks!

Kristen Schiffman said...

This is an awesome tip! I love your blog- I mean you have a Christmas countdown!!!

Kindred hearts we are!

Kristen
www.christianityandcaffeine.com