Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I have fallen in love...

with a vampire named Edward. We have been having a love affair for the last few days. I haven't been able to do anything but eat, sleep, and drink him. He consumes my every being and it's as if I'm 17 again. His looks deceive him, although he looks every bit 17, he's actually more like 107. His tousled hair and deep penetrating eyes won't break the connection I have with him. Of course, it isn't me he consumes himself with, but Bella. I'm not jealous, just extremely grateful he lets me watch from afar, reading his every desire, pain, heartache without being too paranoid.

I have fallen in love with the Twilight Saga. I read the first book in a little over 2 days and instantly started New Moon. I wasn't kidding when I said he has consumed my every being. This isn't hard, because ever since I was about 12 or 13 I have had a thing for vampires. As I write that, though, I can't remember what exactly started it. Was it The Lost Boys? I don't see how that is possible, as none of the vampires in that movie were sexy, including Keifer Sutherland (not a fan, sorry). In my junior year I read Bram Stoker's Dracula. Can I just say that I was in awww of Dracula. When I was 17, same age as Bella from the Twilight series, a dear friend bought me the fourth book in the Anne Rice The Vampire Chronicles Series, Tale of a Body Thief. I was in love. What I wouldn't have given to have the chance to be a vampire then (God didn't come into my life until I was 20). Lestat (not Tom Cruise's Lestat) was a glorious image conjured up in my head and I couldn't break my gaze upon him. I instantly ran out and bought the first three books of the series and fell madly in love with all the various characters. I think that is why Twilight has such a hold on me now. I'm 17 again, wishing so badly to be in Bella's shoes. I feel her angst, loving this person so madly, so deeply, and without a care for her safety. Yet Edward is so caring, turning himself inside out to make sure no harm comes to her, knowing that it is he that will do the most harm. What a glorious love story I am watching unfold between every page. I have laughed out loud, cried harder than I have in many months (which is saying a lot because my emotions have been so overwhelmingly fried from the last couple of years), and I can not stop myself from smiling the biggest smile while the book lay in my hand. I haven't gone to bed much before midnight, and when I do rest my head on my pillow, my thought lay there with Edward, his cold, icy breath in my face, wishing oh so badly I was his Bella.

Forgive me if I skip Menu Plan Monday, Tackle it Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Works for Me Wednesday, or any other day of the week. I'm having a love affair with a vampire...Edward has my undivided attention right now.

1 comments:

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

My 17 year old daughter LOVED these. You are the third adult that has pleged their love of these books.

I am readin The Shack right now. Let me know how you enjoy all of the series!