Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Fall Into Reading 2008 List

Many of you remember my first post was signing up for Katrina's Spring Reading Thing 2008. I was beyond thrilled to have been able to sit down and read 5 books during that time period. Summer has ended, the beginning of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL season has begun, and Katrina, over at Callapidder Days, is now hosting Fall Into Reading 2008. I have waffled over this list for more than a month now. I think I FINALLY have it nailed down! I hate to admit this, but I didn't pick up a single book this summer, so I have included a couple of books I didn't get read in the Spring. I've also included a few Christian authors, I've jumped on the Twilight series bandwagon, and...well, you'll see. I cannot wait to run around and see what everyone else is reading this Fall, you never know, I just might shake things up. Yea, right. LOL

  • Losing It - And Gaining My Life Back One Pound At A Time by Valerie Bertinelli
  • sTori Telling by Tori Spelling
  • The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
  • Sacred Parenting by Gary L. Thomas
  • Have a New Kid by Friday by Kevin Leman
  • Sheet Music by Kevin Leman
  • Twlight (TWICE) by Stephanie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
  • Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
  • Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
  • The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
  • 13 comments:

    Unknown said...

    I'm reading the Stephanie Meyers series, too! In fact, I just finished Twilight and am waiting for #2 to come in the mail. :) Good luck with the challenge and happy reading!

    Amanda said...

    I hope you enjoy the Twilight series. The first one is the best in my opinion. I also read Stori Telling. It's a good book to get the giggles out.

    Tami @ This Mom's Delight said...

    Sheet Music sounds interesting. I love your blog design.

    Kristen Schiffman said...

    I was just at the bookstore looking for some of my book choices and thumbed through Sheet Music. It is now on my unofficial reading list! Looks like a great read.

    Love your list.

    Kristen
    christianityandcaffeine.com

    Amydeanne said...

    i read the alchemist a few years back and i think i enjoyed it lol (I've got mommy brain, so it's hard to remember much!) happy reading!

    tammy said...

    Looks like I am going to have to check into this Twilight series everyone is talking about! Great list. Enjoy your fall reading time!! :)

    @TiffanyRom said...

    Twilight lover here! I will be checking out some of the other books you listed.

    Cute blog!

    Unknown said...

    Good luck with your reading list. I loved the Twilight series.

    Lindsay said...

    We are reading a couple of the same books this fall :-) I too am going to jump on the twilight series bandwagon.. You kids are beautiful!

    Elizabeth said...

    Thanks for your comment! I've enjoyed reading The Shack, as well. But it's definitely a heavy read.

    You have a great reading list for the fall. I love Kevin Leman's books (esp. Sheet Music). I haven't read the other one you have listed, but I'm sure it's awesome. Sacred Parenting is a great parenting book. Happy reading!

    Nancy said...

    OOoohh! I meant to add The Last Lecture to my list, too! Will have to do that...thanks for the reminder! Great list by the way!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

    I really liked Sacred Parenting, and Have a New Kid by Friday is on my shelf (but not yet read -- what else is new?). :) I also have Twilight on my bookshelf, though it didn't quite make my fall list. I'm sure I'll get to it soon enough -- I feel the pull of the Twilight series!

    Thanks for being part of the challenge. Enjoy your fall reading!

    eva said...

    Wow! You've already crossed something off your list! That's impressive! I look forward to reading your reviews!

    Feel free to drop by my blog and look around a bit...maybe even leave a comment or two. :D