Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...October 19th

Outside my window...the thunder rolls and the lightning strikes.

I am thinking...about Anne, a Stampin' friend who moved to the beach (I know, right?) last year. I miss her so.

I am thankful for...the wonderful gals in my TLBS group, who have lifted me in prayer this last week and I could feel it. What a group of A-MA-ZING women!

I am wearing...New Moon t-shirt and sweats.

I am remembering...how Dylan told me that the sun wasn't even up yet, so why did he have to be awake. Can you say overcast?

I am creating...nothing, absolutely nothing. I don't feel like focusing on ANYthing right now.

I am going...try the neti pot out again.

I am reading...Stargazer by Claudia Gray. I am TOTALLY diggin' these books! My love for Twilight hasn't faded, but these are Twilight(ish) meets Harry Potter with way more twists, turns and action.

I am praying...the meds, vicks, neti pot all start to make a difference soon. I am MISERABLE!

On my mind...the beautiful weather.

Noticing that...I have to take my next dose of antibiotic, but need something in my stomach first. This antibiotic is tearing my stomach up.

Pondering these words...Love for Enemies

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.
"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:27-36

Misty, one of my TLBS ladies, sent this to me yesterday and it made a HUGE impact. I have worked VERY hard at forgiving Denice, 35 years worth, and I need to work harder at it, for MY own sake.

From the kitchen...Leftover Beef Stew

Around the house...a glorious chill.

One of my favorite things...RAIN! I love the sound, I love the smell, I love the feel ... I am LOVING this weather.

A few plans for the rest of the week: going to put out some hot spots around the house, eat stew, soups, and drink hot chocolate, curl up with my Beloved in bed, gawk at my children in their feetie pajamas, and Thank God for the abundance of blessings he has bestowed upon me.

From my picture journal...a test shot of the kiddos trying their Halloween costumes on to make sure they fit.

0 comments: