Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...October 5th ... it's OCTOBER! WOO-HOO!!!!

Outside my window...another beautiful sunrise approaches...and BRRRRRR...ch...ch...chilly! I LOVE IT!

I am thinking...that I may very well be booted from TLBS (Today's Ladies Believing & Serving) Bible Study. tee hee They have known me for 2 weeks and BOTH weeks I've cried.

I am thankful for...my schedule finally opened up for TLBS. I'm enjoying every minute of it, and the bible study is opening my heart to something new each day.

I am wearing...pants (that are 2 sizes too big now) and a blouse.

I am remembering...how fast the weekend came and went.

I am creating...Halloween projects.

I am going...to try not to drink a Coke today. I have been on a Coke kick since Cameron's birthday. I'm super disappointed in myself, as I was doing a FANTASTIC job. I feel run down, overly tired, and have a continual headache. Pretty sure the Coke is to blame.

I am reading...Evernight by Claudia Gray.

I am hoping praying...Cameron would turn his eyes to the Lord.

On my mind...Christmas.

Noticing that...Disney's Beauty and the Beast's Diamond Edition DVD comes out today! :)

Pondering these words...

Psalm 121
A song of ascents.
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

From the kitchen...Pumpkin Pie...can't get much more Fall than that. YUM!

Around the house...jackets are washed and ready for wearing today.

One of my favorite things...Peyton trying on new clothes. She's such a Super Model. She says, "I have to look in the mirror." Followed by, "I'm beautiful" or "Awwwwwww." I've created a DIVA! And ... I won't apologize for it.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Cameron's first Band concert, Bible Study, homework, cleaning, decluttering ... the usual.

From my picture journal...Olive Garden's Never-Ending Pasta Bowls...they come out in the Fall and I am completely addicted to them. My favorite is the Penne with Five Cheese Marinara. It's a good thing I can't recreate this at home, I'd gain all my weight back, and pretty much be the size of a house.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love pasta with freshly grated parma cheese. That was part of my pre-children budget. Now we buy the stuff that is already shredded. I am also thinking about Christmas. It is the only way I accept that the weather is getting colder.

Amy said...

yum, I want Olive Garden. You should get paid for the shout out!
I understand the crying in Bible studies, I did that last night and the ladies do not know me yet. :)

Have a great week,
Amy @ Missional Mama

Shana said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook...your kids are beautiful!

melanie said...

Thanks for the daybook visit, Tiffany ~ I'm coming over for a slice of pumpkin pie! =)
~ I ♥ Psalm 121 ~

dtbrents said...

I'm always on a diet. I have been dieting for forty years. I'm having a coke. The first one in several months. I have a migraine. It's just making the nausea worse. Your picture is great. I wish I had some. Doylene

Sara said...

I seem to fall into the soda trap, too! I will not have it for a long time and then will allow myself to have one and realize what I have been missing.

Weekends always come and go too quickly. As a college student, I LIVE for the weekends!

I love Fall, pumpkin pie (well really, pumpkin anything), and pasta. Looks delicious!

Eileen Mae said...

My husband loves never ending pasta bowl. It is a good thing they do not have it all year round or our budget would be spent very quickly.