Sunday, February 6, 2011

Packers Win & The Sue Sylvester Shuffle

Last year my Beloved bought a 60" television. SIX-ZERO. He proudly exclaimed, "I'm watching my team on this win at next year's Super Bow!" Fast forward. Hubby's gone. The Green Bay Packers make it to the freakin' Super Bowl. ARE. YOU. FREAKIN'. KIDDING. ME? For the last few weeks I've looked at this monstrosity taking over my living room as an eye sore. Is is possible to hate an inanimate object? Yes. I hate what is stands for. I hate that my husband isn't here to cheer on his Packers.

Today our dear friends, Chris and Amy, along with their 3 boys, came over for an impromptu Super Bowl party. Not just a Super Bowl party, but also, the return of glee after the game. Oh yea baby! Amy  is a fellow gleek. We probably drive her husband nuts with our talks. I digress. Chris was up at the butt crack of dawn smoking pork for pulled pork sandwiches. Jealous yet? Amy shredded the pork, we munched on veggies, chips and homemade dip made from greek yogurt, all the while Chris cleaned up my front yard. A huge blessing, on top of the one the one they were already doing for me by being with me today.

Christina Aguilera completely massacred our National Anthem. Instantly, both Amy and I said they should have had Lea Michele sing it instead. Chris rolled his eyes and went back outside. We ate the most amazing pulled pork sandwiches, topped with homemade coleslaw, for dinner. I know, you're jealous. Green Bay came out with a vengeance the first half. The half time show hasn't been the same since the Janet boob debacle, get over it people. Not to say that The Black Eyed Peas with Usher and Slash wasn't good, they were (with the exception of Fergie singing Sweet Child of Mine...Fergie was worse than Christina), but the half time show just isn't what it use to be. I'll admit, my butt puckered the second half of the game. When the Packers took the win, all I could think about was how Mike missed it. He bought this damn TV for today and he's not even here to enjoy the hell out of it. Cameron chimed in and said, "Mama, you know Dad had the best seat ever, right?" I love that kid.

As you know the interviews, and the likes, take flippin' forever. While we waited for glee to start, Amy and I played a little glee karaoke revolution. Too much fun. I burst out in song (and dance) at the drop of a dime, but that doesn't mean I'm good at it. Singing that is, I can bust a move. Seriously, I can usually sing a line from a song based on something someone says. Cameron hates it because it usually involves some sort of dance move with it. Ha! I also speak fluent movie quotes. Again, I digress.

Making sure the kid's are entertained before the episode starts, Amy and I sit down, engrossed in our favorite guilty pleasure. Let's just say, we were less than enthused by the California Gurls beginning, but beaming as Rachel and Puck sang Need You Now (only made that much more sweeter by Coach Beiste singing along to it). Artie took a lot of slushies, and I mean A LOT! Mercedes, "Hell to the no" is always a classic. I was not happy bringing the football team into glee club, especially after Karofsky ran Kurt off.

Sue's freak out was HIL-AR-I-OUS. Her storyline was a little blah. I felt like it fizzled, but was glad to see her finally get a little payback. Zombie camp ROCKED and let me just say, Thriller mashed up with Head's Will Roll brought the kid's in to the living room, dancing and loving it as much as Amy and I. Thank goodness I don't have to wait for a CD, mash-ups are always singles only. Woot!

The highlight for me, of course, was the Warbler's and Bills, Bills, Bills. I do so love Darren Criss those damned blazers. It is painfully obvious that Chris Colfer's character, Kurt, is completely out of place. When I think of Kurt, I don't see top 40's hits, because he's show tunes. He's romantic, a gentleman (the world needs more of them), and awkward because he's kind of sheltered in a way. Kurt sticks out like a sore thumb from the smoothness of the Dalton boys, and as much as I want a Blaine and Kurt union, the reality is, Kurt belongs at McKinley.

As I sit here tonight, I am once again reminded that despite the immense heartache I feel, I am abundantly blessed by some extraordinary friends. A huge thank you to Chris and Amy for making today a little less painful and to glee for being there to cheer me up when nobody else is.

0 comments: