Monday, February 14, 2011

Heaven & Mourning Star

While driving the boys to school this morning Peyton said to me, "My Daddy died Mommy." I responded, "Yes Peyton." Peyton replied, "We need to die like Daddy and go to heaven." My daughter breaks my heart daily. How pure and innocent those words are. Her Daddy is in heaven, of course that is where she would want to be.

We had a meeting at Mourning Star this afternoon, or as Dylan referred to it, Death Star. Wow! What a program they offer there for grieving children. I am in awe of what they do and can't wait for orientation in March. I was disappointed, however, that they don't have a group for Peyton's age. They are hoping in the Fall, but I have no intention of still being here in the Fall. Now I pray for a weekly babysitter, as the boys will alternate weeks, so I'll have to attend once a week EVERY week of the month. ANYTHING for my children. Even if that means sitting in the van with the other 2 kiddos for the 90 minutes the other one needs in session.

0 comments: