Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blame It on the Alcohol

Let me just start by saying this was not my favorite glee episode. I realize that we must educate the youth of America on the dangers of drinking.

Principal Figgins referring to Ke$ha as Ke-Dollar-Sign-Ha was freakin' hilarious. Seriously, best line of the night.

Finn breaking down the archetypes of drunks to Rachel was on point. Mercedes and Tina being the happy girl drunks had me laughing my butt off. Mercedes laugh was infectious. Finn being a jerk to Rachel was also on point as of late.

Spin the bottle while Josie Cotton's Johnny, Are You Queer of Valley Girl fame was pure nostalgia for me. Blaine kissing Rachel was OUTSTANDING, as was their duet of Don't You Want Me. More nostalgia. I'm such an 80's girl.

Artie saying, "Hair of the dog that done bit your ass." before the New Directions sang Blame It on the Alcohol left me torn. The number glorified teenage drinking rather than warning kids off of it, however, I loved the entire number, song and dance.

Blaine questioning his sexuality after kissing Rachel gave me a little start. I was seriously worried Ryan Murphy was going to tear my heart out and make Blaine straight. I'm not sure I would have survived as I'm still holding out hope for a Klaine union. Thankfully after Rachel kissed Blaine sober, Blaine realized he was 100% gay, which Kurt had no doubt. WOO-HOO!

Mr. Shue and Coach Beiste honky tonking with a drunk Mr. Shue drunk dialing Sue rather than Emma was exactly the type of storyline this episode needed.

The highlight of the episode for me was Mike O'Malley's Burt walking in on Blaine sleeping off his drunken night in Kurt's bed. Have I mentioned lately how I adore Burt Hummel? His relationship with son, Kurt, and step-son Finn, are TV gold. GOLD I say. Burt was absolutely in the right and I think Kurt was completely out of line when his Dad told him he was inappropriate for having Blaine sleepover.

The only saving grace of this whole episode was Brittany projectile vomiting the dangerous alcohol mixture on Rachel during the New Directions performance of Tik Tok, another killer performance that I wanted to hate. Santana followed suit by puking her ever loving guts out on the stage. And Mr. Shue's pledge forms came to the rescue.

0 comments: