Monday, May 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

I know I gushed over Laura a.k.a. I'm an Organizing Junkie not too long ago. This is my first time posting to her Menu Plan Monday. I plan my meals for the following week on Friday and grocery shop on Sunday. I may go back once during the week for special ingredients that I hate to see go to waste in the fridge waiting for Thursday to roll around or for extra fruits and veggies. I detest red meat, so my meals include lots of chicken, turkey, shrimp, etc. I do not deprive Hubby and the kids from the red meat, on those nights I'll either grab a Subway Veggie Delight or make something separate for me. Hubby is currently gone Monday and Tuesday nights, so you will see how I don't cook much for me and the boys. Saturday's are church nights, which is usually our eating out night. Without further ado, here is my menu plan for the week.

Sunday ~ Spaghetti with meat/marinara sauce, salad, garlic buns (made from left over hamburger buns)

Monday ~ Grilled Cheese & Chicken Noodle Soup

Tuesday ~ Pita Pizza

Wednesday ~ Cinco de Mayo celebrate with Turkey Fajitas

Thursday ~ Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Roasted Veggies

Friday ~ Blueberry Pancakes, Hash browns, Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, Toast

Saturday ~ Out to dinner

Breakfasts: Cereal, Bagels, Waffles, Fruit, Yogurt

Lunches: PB&J, Turkey w/ Provolone & Avocado & Tomato, Veggies w/ Ranch, Strawberries, Cantaloupe, Honey Dew, Watermelon, Fruit, Yogurt, Salads

2 comments:

B. said...

Welcome to your first MPM. i know you will love it here- these ladies are so good for a lot of great ideas and ways to organize your menu.

Laura said...

Thanks for joining us!!!