Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Say goodbye to April

I'm just amazed that tomorrow will be May! Where has this year gone? When I actually think about it, I can pretty much tell you. January was non-existent in our life, my cousin was murdered January 5, his memorial was January 12, and his murderers were arrested on January 17. February was spent celebrating Dylan and my birthday. March was Easter and into April was Spring Break. There are only 6 weeks left of school. Unbelievable! I can't believe Peyton will be 6 months tomorrow. I really have accomplished much this last month. I FINALLY found a schedule that works for me. This house is humongous and it really had taken over our lives by not being able to keep up with it.

Monday ~ Clean bedrooms (includes vacuum) and change sheets and towels. Hubby & Cameron (with the help of Dylan) work outside for 20 minutes.

Tuesday ~ Office ... this space is like the blob, it just keeps growing and takes a whole day to keep up with it. I'm also still organizing it like crazy. Wish I had taken a before picture.

Wednesday ~ Dust living room and clean kitchen (plus floors courtesy of Hubby). Trash night.

Thursday ~ Bathrooms and change towels. Try to get ALL laundry done.

Friday ~ Playroom (which is technically our formal living and dining area). Finish laundry if Thursday became overwhelming. Laundry room (courtesy of Hubby) and another 20 minutes outside for Hubby, Cameron, & Dylan.

This schedule allows us to have the weekend to ourselves and no hassle of chores. I'm even trying to figure out how I can grocery shop during the week, but I refuse to give up my grocery shopping ALONE time by taking the children with. I whole heartily believe that no matter what, Hubby has to help, otherwise the house will continue to keep it's control over us. Also, I still have a little residual stomach problem from my 3rd C-section. It twinges if I do too much pushing of the vacuum or mop. I'm seriously considering investing in a FloorMate.

Say goodbye to April and good morning to May. Before we know it, we'll have our swimsuits out, the barbecue will be working overtime, and our electric bill will bankrupt us. Have I told you how much I HATE Summer? Fall won't be here soon enough!

0 comments: