Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Organizing Junkie

I must say I have enjoyed being on Blogger. I came across a site last week that has transformed my life in as little as 7 days, if you can believe that. Laura a.k.a. I'm an Organizing Junkie has so many wonderful tips that I didn't know where to start. Baby steps is always good. I created a house schedule. We moved into this ginormous house and it seems to win every time we try to keep it clean. I have now broken it into 5 days of work (Monday-Friday) and started this Monday. So far hubby and children are amazed! If I can keep this up, the overwhelming dust bunnies should seize to exist. Secondly, I created a chore chart for the family. I realize Dylan won't be able to keep up with Cameron, but instilling the values now will only help in the long run. I have set up a payment schedule for Cameron's chores, with a deduction system for various offenses. Hubby & I will share housework, with the bulk coming to me, but 3 evenings a week, I will require some type of assistance from him, providing my schedule works. Last, I have begun organizing the office. I have said for years how much I'd love to have an office. Little did I know just how disastrous it would become. It is so easy for me to close the door and not worry about. In the last 2 days, over and above my regular daily chores, I have been purging the office and organizing it. Hubby will be completely shocked when he arrives home today. All in all I am very fulfilled in my accomplishments. Thank you Laura! You have been a glorious God send!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Awww that means so much to me but I really do give all the glory to God. I am amazed that he allows me to work from home doing what I love and helping others at the same time.

I am so happy that you are making positive changes in your home!

If you ever have any questions, just let me know!

Laura

Sherida said...

You might also enjoy http://www.flylady.net/