Tuesday, May 20, 2008

If I've said it once...

I'll say it again! The next American Idol...

David Cook!

If Archuleta wins, it will be a GREAT disappointment. I am NOT disputing that he can sing, because that 17-year-old has some serious talent. Simon Cowell stated early on that Cook had the stuff American Idol is about. Cook sings, arranges, his vocal range is amazing, and let's face it ladies, he is EASY on the eyes, alright! Archuleta has amazing talent, but COME ON! He's a crooner! His songs are all the same. Even my husband said, "Once he attempts to do something different, I'll pay attention to him." He doesn't show the range and ability that Cook does. Cook wiped the floor with him tonight and Cowell kept crowning Archuleta. WHAT? I feel like in the end Simon didn't stand behind what American Idol is about, and ordinarily I agree with him. He's blunt, however he usually hits the nail right on the head. Tonight he was out in left field. You want talent? You want range? You want arrangement? You want progression? Cook's your man!

0 comments: