Wednesday, June 8, 2011

There You'll Be

Cameron graduated 6th grade this morning. He asked to wear one of his Dad's ties, so I pulled out the tote of Mike's clothes and grabbed his purple one out, still knotted. I am so proud of Cameron and the young man he is becoming. He has grown leaps and bounds over the last 21 weeks.

The emotional basket case I was on Monday didn't hit...until the end. One of the student's is moving to Florida in a few days and she sang a song to end the ceremony. The minute the song began I lost it, and I knew...I knew my poor boy was sitting up in the front doing the same. You see, of ALL the songs this girl could have chosen to sing, well, Mike used her to give Cameron and I a message today because she sang There You'll Be by Faith Hill. It's a song that I picked for Mike's slideshow, and a song I listen to often for comfort.

After the final announcements I watched my boy walk up to me, eyes red, still visibly shaking, and for those who didn't know about Cameron and his Dad, looked on at Cameron and I holding each other tightly while we bawled our eyes out. His little heart hurt so badly from the absence of his father.




We said our goodbye's to Grandpa, my dad was available to be there with me today, which meant the world and all to me, and off to Red Robin we went for Cameron's celebratory lunch. Angelique and the kiddos met us there and we had a great time. We weren't the only AAE'ers there. Cameron's final count was 15 other 6th grade graduates. Red Robin was HOPPING!

0 comments: